Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lost Continent: The Natives



We will start aphalbetically so first up is the Abyssinians. My Portuguese player is sailing up a river to meet personally with the 'Lion of Judah', the Emperor Johannes IV, so here is a Ras with his retainers:


...and I thought I would try an experiment:


Next would be my Arabs but since I have just ordered my first 28mm and all I have right now are old Airfix and Revel so we will skip to the Ashanti:

...and another closeup of the notables. The individual with his 'trophy' is noteworthy. The figure in the center with the fancy hair is a ceremonial swordbearer:

What colonial campaign would there be without the faithful Askaris. I run the whole gamut from the newly formed:

...to the slightly better quality:


...to the even better:


...better yet:


to the highest quality (aka Force Publique)


...and even some French Senegelese:


At lest that's how we rate them. We have also utilized Inidan troops but that will come later.

Take a look at the Azande tribe. We just completed a fight with 240+ Azande against 80 British/Allied Tribe. It was bit of an Isandlwana with 11 Brits escaping towards the coast, pursued by 120+ vengeful Azande! We will take that on at our next meeting tomorrow evening!


Some of the Chiefs/Leaders:



No comments:

Post a Comment